Sunday 3 January 2016

My Make Up Favourites of 2015




2015 was I really weird year for me beauty wise, I always loved make up and had an extensive beauty regime but it wasn't really a passion. In 2015 that all changed, I became a lot more conscious of  the products I was putting on my skin and the way I was doing my make up. I stopped wearing make up to look good for others and started doing it because I felt more confident and I really enjoyed the process of doing my make up. Doing my make up became a creative process for me and it eventually became a hobby and collection. Along with the hobby came a lot of criticisms like "Why do you wear so much make up?", "You would look a lot better if you didn't wear bold lipstick because guys don't like that" and "Don't waste your money on make up". Before I would have taken it to heart but it is something I love so I just shrugged it off because let's be honest my boyfriend needs to love me in bold lipstick because I'm not going to stop wearing it any time soon.
I started experimented with new products and the more I learned about make up the more products I wanted. Not a lot of brands that majority beauty bloggers use is available in South Africa so I was quite limited but I am developing a bigger collection of make up than your average girl.

I apologize for the long introduction but the following products are what stood out for me in 2015:


MAC Strobe Cream: I am a huge fan of dewy skin and this creates the perfect base. I makes my skin glow whilst adding a ton of moisture back into my skin.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No. 52 Vanilla: This foundation has such incredible coverage and leaves your skin feeling hydrated and looking glowy. I also really like the smell of this foundation.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: Real Techniques recently just launched in South Africa and after hearing a ton of people raving about this brush I knew I had to pick it up. This is such an incredible brush. It applies foundation flawlessly and really buffs it into the skin. However, if the brush is really dirty it does leave your foundation looking streaky. 
Always clean your brushes kids!



(L)Catrice Bronzer for medium skin (R) Catrice Blush in Rose Royce

MAC Studio Fix powder in NW13: Even though this is a powder foundation I loved using this to set my foundation because it makes my foundation last all day and adds just a little bit more coverage.

Catrice Bronzer for Medium Skin: This bronzer is the perfect in between cool and warm shade. It worked so perfectly for me as a contour with a smaller brush and if I just wanted to bronze it worked so well with a fluffy brush.

Catrice Blush in Rose Royce: With a light hand, this blush gave the most natural flush of colour to my cheeks. It is amazing. It pairs so well with almost any look.



(L) Soft and Gentle (R) Oh Darling

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle: This is honestly my go to highlight. It is so pigmented and if I go to town my cheeks look wet. The colour is perfect when I don't go for a bronzed look and it makes my skin look so dewy

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Oh Darling (Limited Edition): I saw a ton of swatches before it was launched in South Africa and I knew instantly I had to have it. I tried buying it online and at a pro-store as soon as it was released but it was sold out. I finally got a hold of it at a store an hour away from where I live and I have no regrets. It gives my skin such a beautiful golden glow even though I am super fair. This product is honestly worth the hype!

Inglot 4SS brush: I always struggled to apply my highlighter properly until I stumbled on this brush. It is marketed as an eyeshadow brush but it is so perfect for highlighter. It is such a good size to just apply on the top of the cheekbones and it blends it out wonderfully.



All That Glitters eyeshadow

MAC Painterly Paint Pot: A lot of people have raved about this and the Soft Ochre Paint Pot being incredible eyeshadow bases and when I finally tried it I could understand why. The colour covers my veiny eyelids perfectly and once I set it it helps blend out my eyeshadows beautifully and definitely increases the longevity of my eye look.

MAC All That Glitters Eyeshadow: This is honestly my all time favourite eyeshadow. It is so creamy, pigmented and blenable. I use it almost every time I wear make up. It is such a gorgeous all over the lid shade and goes well with any crease shade.

Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara: This is one of the only mascaras that I have come across that lengthens my eyelashes and holds the curl. This is pricey but it is one of my favourite products I have ever come across and I would recommend it to anyone who wants longer lashes!



(Starting from the Left) Twig, Please Me, Lady Danger, Rebel

MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig: This lipstick is perfect for the on trend mauve lip. This is one of my favourite everyday lipsticks. If I don't know which one to pick I pick this one.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me: This is such a wonderful lipstick I even own two. It is the perfect mid-tone pink. I love wearing it in summer and spring.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Lady Danger: I cannot wear orange lipstick, it always looks weird on me. I then discovered this lipstick, It is such a beautiful orange-red. It just adds something edgy to a classic red lip. I have been reaching for this more than any other lipstick.

MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel: This is one of my oldest lipsticks but my love for it is still going strong. This is my go to winter lipstick. When it's colder Rebel has a permanent spot in my handbag.



Leave a comment below telling me your favourite beauty products of 2015!






No comments:

Post a Comment