Friday 14 August 2015

Winter Smokey Eye

I am one of those girls that only wear make up when I feel like getting dressed up because I don't see the point in wasting my make up when I am just lounging around! However, when I do my make up I absolutely love it. It is honestly my favourite thing about going out.

I always wear a brown or rusty smokey eye because it compliments my blue eyes and I just feel a traditional black smokey eye is to harsh on my skin. I have been loving a purple brown smokey eye with dewy skin and nude lips.

This is how it looked:




The products I used:





- MAC Strobe Cream as a primer
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC15
- Maybelline Fit me Concealer
- MAC Prep and Prime Concealer in LightBoost for under my eyes
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Catrice SunGlow Bronzer for the Contour
- MAC blush in Well Dressed
- MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in Soft and Gentle
- RAIN Biologie rehydration face mist to give my skin more glow
- Catrice Eyebrow Filler gel
- Rimmel Eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown
- Catrice Eyeshadow Primer
- Stila Into the Light Pallete
 - Inglot quad (do not know the name of the colours)
- MAC pigment in Vanilla
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara
- Estee Lauder Creme Lipstick in Crystal Baby

How I did my Eyes:






After blending the Eyeshadow primer all over my lid I used Bare (The lightest colour) in the Stila pallete for all over my lid to just set the primer. I then used Bliss (The middle colour at the top) in the Stila pallete as a transition colour in my crease just so that the darker shades can blend easily. After that I used Sunset (The colour to the right of Bliss) in my crease and the outer corner of my lid just to build up colour and shimmer. I then used the dark purple from the Inglot quad very lightly in my crease just for a little bit more depth. This colour is definitely buildable depending on the brush and amount you use.  I also used the Gold from that quad and packed it on the middle of my lid and blended it out for some more sheen. I used the Black eyeshadow of the Stila pallete to line my eyes for a softer look. Be sure to drag the colours with a small brush under the eye for a more smokey effect. I used the Vanilla pigment to highlight my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. I then finished off with mascara.

This look can definitely be a lot more dramatic depending on the way your want to wear it; this look, however, is perfect for daytime.

Let me know what your favourite make up look is or whether you want to see more posts on different make up looks in the comments below!











2 comments: